WHAT IS EDNEY DOING ABOUT CORONAVIRUS?
Our Coronavirus Plan details all of the steps we are taking to keep Edney safe now and into the future, changing as the situation evolves, keeping our parents, staff and students informed, prepared and ready to respond. You can read our plan here.
MASS GATHERINGS, EVENT AND ACTIVITY INFORMATION
Specific decisions and status of events and activities in the school are as follows as of Monday 25th May 2020.
|Event / Activity||Status|
|Assemblies||Cancelled until further notice.|
|Edney Senior Choir||No rehearsals until further notice.|
|Edney Art Club (Junior and Senior)||Suspended until further notice.|
|Commonwealth School Banking||Suspended until further notice.|
|Running Club||Suspended until further notice.|
|EduDance||Cancelled for 2020.|
|NAPLAN Testing||Cancelled for 2020.|
WE ALL PLAY OUR PART
The school has intensified our cleaning and disinfecting efforts, with two full-time cleaning staff on site all day during school hours, as well as before and after school deep cleaning, ensured a never-ending supply of soap and supplies to all toilets as well as hand sanitiser being available in every room in the school. Staff continue to reinforce hand-washing procedures in class. Please reinforce with your child, and practice at home:
- Frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand gel
- Refraining from touching mouth and nose
- If coughing or sneezing, covering your nose and mouth with a paper tissue or flexed elbow.
- Dispose of the tissue immediately after use and perform hand hygiene and
- Avoiding close contact with anyone if you, or they, have a cold or flu-like symptoms (maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres).
People with COVID-19 may experience:
- flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue; or
- shortness of breath.
For the latest health information and health related enquiries please visit WA Department of Health or access the helpline 1800 020 080.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Healthdirect helpline 1800 020 080