Edney Primary School website is currently undergoing planned maintanance
The School Chaplaincy Service complements our many existing pastoral care programmes. Chaplains are qualified in pastoral care and youth work. They respect all people, no matter who they are, where they are from or what their personal belief system is.
YouthCARE chaplains are there to listen, and provide a supportive place to talk. They offer confidential, non-judgmental pastoral care and programs based on respect, compassion and service, regardless of faith or beliefs. Their aim is to support young people and their communities who may be facing challenging personal and social issues. They listen, understand and refer to extra help, if it’s appropriate.
Our Chaplain provides support for a range of day-to-day matters affecting the school community.
What does a YouthCARE School Chaplain do?
- Listens compassionately and cares deeply for each and every student;
- Provides pastoral care for students, staff and families.
- Links the school with local community, support agencies and organisations;
- Assists and supports in school events;
- Facilitates pastoral support programs and resources;
- Supports, mentors and encourages the school community;
- Makes referrals to external agencies where necessary and
- Encourages and empowers students and the school community for a positive outcome.
Programmes and Activities the Chaplain is Involved In
- Providing a safe inviting space for pastoral contact and appointments on a daily basis with students and the school community.
- Targeted programmes aimed at supporting young people through difficult life changes.
- Assisting families, connecting with the school and building rapport through provision of pastoral care and support.
- Organising lunchtime groups to support social and emotional wellbeing of students.
- Playground supports and social skills facilitation.
How to Contact the Chaplain
The Chaplain role at Edney Primary School is flexible allowing availability for you in times of need.
Please contact Jessica via email or phone if there is anything you wish to discuss to support your child’s well-being and success at school.
Mrs Jessica Corker
Working Days: Every Tuesday and Wednesday, and alternate Monday’s
Ph: (08) 6216 4700
Edneyps – email address